Thread: Hellcat vs ZL1
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2017, 12:58 AM   #46
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB'sZL1 View Post
Nor I. The HC's prices have increased, not the Zl1's (or barely). My '13 sold for 63k, and many buyers are getting their new Z's in the mid 60's. The redesign allows for better trans (A10), skidpad, times, interior creature comforts, more safety features, etc. That's not a bad thing.

There may be a rare few that paid msrp on their '17 Z, but I think most received some form of discount(s).
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmoore23 View Post
I don't get this statement. The ZL1 is less expensive than a Hellcat. I thought they were priced right at introduction, but with the big 2016 price increase I actually think the Cats are overpriced for what they are. I traded my 2016 Hellcat Challenger for my ZL1, by the way. It is indeed an awesome car, that did exactly what Dodge said it would, but I feel no regrets since trading.
I wasn't comparing the price of the HC to the price of the ZL1. I'm simply stating that both companies have different ways to keep the costs of their cars low. Yes the HC is more expensive than the ZL1. But look at the engine alone. The HC engine costs $21,000 while the LT4 is $13,000. That is an $8,000 difference just between the engines. And the HC engine with stock blower and just bolt-ons can make way more power than the LT4. But getting back to the point, Dodge uses their own way to keep costs down just like GM does. That is what I was saying.

Plus if you're talking about bare bones ZL1s then I can agree that there is a significant price difference against a bare bones HC. But once you add options the ZL1 gets quite close. Mine was $69,400 MSRP with the options I wanted. My HC was like $70K MSRP with the options I wanted. But if the HC had the A8 then it would have been a bit more. These cars are closer in price than you realize.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote