View Single Post
Old 09-07-2018, 09:28 AM   #13
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicktechla View Post
GuitarmageddonZL1's ZL1 is an A10
That's what I said. The person I quoted said "Is this car a Stick?"...
Quote:
Originally Posted by parish8 View Post
I am running turbos and a built motor but stock cubes. The bigger motor won’t be any easier to fuel than stock cubes. We talking about fueling here right?

I see a ton of people leave meth off of their mod list and then see big numbers on pump gas. I still wonder if he is running meth.
Yeah we're talking about fuel and no you did not specify what your power setup was other than 700 rwhp on E and running out of fuel with your fuel upgrades at that. Your "Drives" says 2017 SS and then your signature lists a pretty extensive build thread which I did not think to follow since this was in the ZL1 section and I assumed you had a stock blower ZL1 which would make PERFECT sense as they just about tap out at 700 RWHP with those mods on FULL E, not a mix. So kind of a misunderstanding on both of our parts. Nick does not have Meth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDFHOBBIES View Post
It helps that its is a built engine somewhat but, last time I checked the newer built engines are running 10.5 :1 which is still high considering the old days of 8:1 or 9:1 for a blown motor. I've argued this point before and been shot down on DI motors that they aren't like LS motors that one power adder isn't going to make more than another... I think this helps prove my point PSI means nothing its how much air you can move and a turbo(s) moves more air than a blower also there is no power loss with a turbo like there is running belt driven blower.. I had a blower on my last 5th gen and then a twin turbo agp kit it.. I ran both setups with the same cam a BTR stage 3 blower cam, Both cars had the same fuel system, Livernois dual pump, ADM FPCM, and Boosta pump, Both ran on 93 only.. My blower ran 15 to 16 psi and made 643 rwhp I sold that kit and installed the AGP EFR ceramic ball bearing kit system.. I made 765 aqt 8 to 9 psi.. this is all on 93 with crappy ID850 half the boost and 100 something more hp with the wrong cam..

This proves my point that moving more air efficiently there is no 1 hp # a fuel system is good for..
Actually, I'm not so sure this proves your point at all...

You could frequently be found saying "The max the ZL1/LT4 can make is right at 6xx RWHP because of fuel on stock cam" (I believe you said 620-630) - to which I posted many vids/builds in response of ZL1s making in excess of 650-700 RWHP on bolt ons/no fuel mods/no cam, to which you kept stressing that the system was tapped out on FUEL so that's why it couldn't make anymore power, then you built yours and made over your original assumptions of the LT4s limits with just a pulley/headers/intake setup, now you're saying if you switch to turbos you could make some 350-400 RWHP more than what you said it was capable of just because of a low side/fuel lobe/built engine which you mentioned yourself shouldn't make it much easier...So in short, you were one of the original guys I saw that thought they could put a RWHP number on the fuel limits, and it doesn't work that way, and now that's what you're saying was your point all along...

If this does prove your point, then you've changed what that point is. Like I said, you were one of the few that would actually put a number on fuel limitations, lol...

Last edited by Can'tHave2MuchHP; 09-07-2018 at 09:48 AM.
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote