View Single Post
Old 09-28-2020, 10:54 AM   #61
vtirocz

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by sr71bb View Post
Well the SG3 suspension has been installed and I am waiting on the alignment shop to realign. Also in this process, ZL1 brakes were installed in the REAR and FRONT of the car as well.

GM claims that the SG3 suspension lowers the car about 20MM per corner or roughly 3/4 of an inch from stock height. This appears to be true. The SWAY BAR kit apparently consist of 1LE sway bars which are much beefier than the stock SS units.

On the brakes, the REAR ZL1 brake set up appeared be identical to the stock SS set up. The ZL1 front brakes however were a significant upgrade with larger rotors and calibers.

Once aligned I will try and get some handling data in terms of lateral G's and such.

MY original idea was to also have a LT4 blower set up installed but since I will be primarily road coursing and auto crossing this car when NOT daily driving, AMP has proposed a BIG NA set up using my current LT1. This of course eliminates most issues due to heat soak and they have told me they can get me close to 600 RWHP NA so thats more than a stock LT4 anyway. In a sense, this will be for me what the 6th GEN Z28 should have been, an NA great handling car around 600 RWHP.

Will post back in a few days.
Any updates? I'm interested in this suspension kit combo.

Best 1/4 Mile: 12.24 @ 115.9 mph
vtirocz is offline   Reply With Quote