View Single Post
Old 09-28-2020, 09:07 AM   #358
glamcem

Drives: '19 RivrsdBlu 1LE ('17 1LE HB sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabjbr View Post
Glamcem,
You don't know me but I feel like I know you...

I've been searching for the ideal DD/track car since earlier this year. I was set on a ND1 and been looking for the perfect used one on miata.net. That's where I've read several of your posts including your build thread.

I nearly bought a track prepped 2017 ND1 in January but the seller changed his mind at the last minute. In hindsight, I was glad because the transmission issues continue to surface. So, I started looking at the ND2 as their updates seem to have solved the problem. However, what I noticed was to get the car fully track ready/competitive, I would need to sink $5-10k more into it. That just didn't seem to make sense.

That finally brought me to the 1LE. It's received tons of well-deserved accolades. I love that brake fluid alone makes it track ready but the kicker is that it seats four and can be a livable DD. Truly a well-rounded car.

Anyway, sorry for the ramble. To get to the point...
Thanks for your sharing both here and on miata.net. You've been helpful in my journey.
Since you've been a few steps ahead of me (actually doing what I've been thinking), I was wondering about your purchase experience.

I'm not having luck finding a local dealer with what I want in stock. I saw you purchased yours from AZ. Was it the dealer in Peoria? I see they have quite a few 1LE's in stock. If so, care to share your experience? And were they willing to work with you on price?

Thanks again in advance! I appreciate all I've learned from you.

Glad to be a help
Speaking of pricing, I always shop around . I purchased my previous 1LE (2017) used from an Autonation dealership in AZ but got my second one from a dealership here in Seattle area. I don't know how the used/new market for 1LEs look like but you can always check Autotrader ..the only issue is you cannot see the 1LE as a trim or package option but you may use price range for a filter.

Best of luck
glamcem is offline   Reply With Quote