View Single Post
Old 07-11-2019, 07:12 AM   #22
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyefixstuff View Post
I would think it would actually be better than on a dyno. Most shops I have seen run nice big fans and have a decently controlled environment. Street tuning would seem to be more “real world”. Especially at a drag strip. I imagine by the end of a 1/4 mile pull there are many differences in heat, etc I’m comparison to being in a dyno. Maybe the aerodynamic drag plays a part too? Just throwing some stuff out there. Whether or not those really make a difference, I’m sure Ted could confirm or not. I’ve been told many times that the dyno is a tool, which obviously helps when tuning your car, and will give you an idea on a piece of paper the power your car has (I’m one of those people that likes that piece of paper), but in the modern era there’s some really really good remote tuners. Ted being one of the best I’ve worked with on all platforms.

That said, at 650+whp you may want to start only actually logging on the track as I have done it on the actual street and not only is it a little scary at times, but you’re likely going to get a fat ticket as well.
No Question best place to tune is the venue you run in to take all factors in to account.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote