View Single Post
Old 12-07-2018, 01:25 PM   #36
FNxR3DNECK

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Some pretty salty people in this thread that seem to think the words "electric" & "sports car" don't go together lol I understand the love of V8 rumble (as I too love that shit!!!) but spoiler alert electric is the future (at least the near future), and YES you can have an electric sports car that performs well and is a blast to drive!

I view this move as a GOOD ONE, if what Al is quoted saying about "the final variant of the 6th gen" is true, then quite simply his work here is done. Al was all about performance for the 5th and 6th gen so I have no doubt that it will be the #1 focus of the new electric project with him at the helm so that is good news to me and should be for everyone that likes Chevy & performance cars. Some will make the argument that "oh you can't have a muscle car that's electric!!!" Well guess what... the Camaro isn't a muscle car anymore!!! And believe me when I say that the 7th gen will DEFINITELY have some sort of electrification in the lineup.

We need to stop proclaiming that all is lost with every reveal/announcement! Things change, trends come and go, the industry must evolve it's the cycle of things and it's quite apparent to me that where we are right now is the transition to a new cycle with GM (not just Chevy, and really the entire industry), it's apparent in styling, tech, strategies, etc... and just because things are changing doesn't mean they are BAD!!!

If you don't like what they are doing this year or next year just enjoy your current ride/rides and give it some time, either they will come around to recognize their mistakes or (the more likely version) you will realize they weren't really "mistakes" after all.

I'm probably gonna get some heat for this lol this should be fun