View Single Post
Old 06-22-2018, 09:42 AM   #925
G6Flyer

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #371
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelyell22 View Post
That last part is already me lol. I have zero problem flying, and everyone that goes up with me says that. It's the oral part I'm nervous about... I've never been a good test taker, and I'm not the greatest at regurgitating info, but I know the DPE knows I'll be nervous. I think I'm just over thinking it.

1 more solo XC to meet the hour requirement, the 3hr checkride prep, then the checkride.... I've waited way too long for this

Like the written test, you’re not held to 100% on the oral. As long as you demonstrate you generally know what you need to, you will pass.

It’s been a long time since my PPL ride, but as I recall it was a lot of airspace, cloud clearance requirements, sectional chart symbols, etc.

Also, as flight instructor I generally knew what the various examiners were likely to ask. I always made sure my students knew what they needed to know, but especially the things each DPE was going to focus on. Hopefully your CFI knows your DPE and can give you some advice.

You’re going to be nervous, we all were on the big day. Just compartmentalize it, be likable and do your best. The examiner doesn’t want to fail you so just try not to give him/her a reason to! Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
G6Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote