View Single Post
Old 05-09-2018, 05:46 AM   #7
blumaro

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS / 1977 Trans AM
Rock-It Man,

My car a daily driver but is very clean and well maintained. All the more reason not to want a modern windshield replaced. The adhesive was applied by a robot in the factory and the glass was set in place by a robot as well. Hopefully the dealer's glass guy isn't nursing a hangover when they work on my car and has the patients to carefully remove all of the old adhesive. I wonder how much abuse the leading edge of the head liner sustains during this process?

Does anyone else find it unacceptable that a six year old car has this type of failure? I've been driving for 31 years and never had an air blend door actually break. Sure, I've had cables break and vacuum lines fail and I would even understand a failed actuator on these modern cars but to manufacture the air blend door out of cheap plastic and then make it difficult to replace is ridiculous.

This kind of stuff is typical of GM. They do so many things right but there are always some things that leave you scratching your head wonder why is this part so cheaply constructed? The first thing like that I noticed after buying the car was the hard plastic hood release. The first time I touched that thing I was like really? Tell me that isn't going to get brittle fail while opening the hood one day.

I did place a call to Chevy Customer Service. I now have a case number. Hopefully they help out with the costs even a little. I'm not holding my breath though since the car is out of warranty. But six years? Really?

-Ray
blumaro is offline   Reply With Quote