View Single Post
Old 11-03-2021, 12:35 PM   #14
5.M0NSTER

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hops View Post
I think you're right, didn't think about how a short tight road course doesn't have much opportunity to cool the brakes like the Nurburgring.

And i'm not sure i'm right in thinking the plaid ring time is that great. I mean it got 7:36. This is a car with a much better power to weight ratio than a Zl1 1le, pulls +1g on the skid pad, yet the Zl1 1le gets a 7:16. I guess this is where the brakes, and handling on the limit make the difference?
Absolutely. Having to break earlier, and not being able to carry as much speed into corners make a huge difference. The 'Ring is a high speed, flowing course, so losing a few MPH in exit speeds adds up. And I also think the Plaid time is nothing special.

And I also agree that Nurburgring is not nearly as tough on the brakes as shorter tracks with higher brake zone density. I've picked up ~45s on the Ring by making small changes to my line, braking points, (generally lowering my survival instincts) and being able to carry more speed out of corners over 2 seasons there.

By the way, here was one of my laps at Nordschleife in my previous M2 earlier this year.

And another lap from the 1st person POV

Last edited by 5.M0NSTER; 11-03-2021 at 04:21 PM.
5.M0NSTER is offline   Reply With Quote