View Single Post
Old 03-19-2019, 03:16 PM   #65
MadMotorMagazine
MCFLY

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scargoes View Post
I'm in the same boat as TRZ, If I had one I could try out at an autocross and track day to see if I liked it, I would buy one. But I can't bring myself to spend that money if I'm not going to like it and then try to sell it at a loss. $1300 is a lot to me, like, two sets of autocross tires.
Scargoes, sorry to say we don't have a try it before you buy it program, and I don't know any manufactures who offer programs like that either.

Hopefully I can get out more to local autocross events, and let other Camaro owners co-drive or make a fun run in the DSC Sport Camaro. The controller works, no doubt about it. DSC Sport Camaro had a 1st place finish in CAM C on OEM Goodyears, not long after the V3 was available, and using the same calibration you can download today.

V4 gives you ACTIVE control and adjustability. I haven't come across anyone who's conducted a legitimate comparison, using DSC's standard calibration, without showing an improvement. If the OEM MRC shocks and calibration isn't cutting it for you, DSC can improve performance for a lot less that a full set of mechanical coil-overs, and without the rough ride you're likely to get with them.

The DSC Sport 2017 SS 1LE with a V3 controller performed so well, it won in CAM C, and 3rd at 2017 OPTIMA USCA PPIR event, against heavily modified cars with all the bells and whistles, and outpointed the the 1st place finisher in all the timed events. Although many have tried with a stock SS 1LE, nobody has been close to accomplishing anything like this at a national event, as far as I know. Point is, we've proven time and time again, DSC controllers are an effective addition to a 6th Gen Camaro, even competing against cars with full blown racing coil-overs.

Another benefit is when you're ready to upgrade, same controller works with DSC Sport RT coil-over shocks, and they have a smooth ride in Touring. First set of production 6th Gen Camaro RT shocks goes out at the end of this week! Prototypes have been run for a year on DSC Sport Camaro, beating the heck out of em, and now it's time.
MadMotorMagazine is offline   Reply With Quote