View Single Post
Old 03-11-2020, 06:18 PM   #11
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDFHOBBIES View Post
GT31 and GT35 camshafts from LPE FYI

No(Actually it can be over driven) its 8.2 mm or 42% lobe on the GT31 cam. Works with the LPE pump only since its modified for the fuel lobe that barely clears the cam journals the cam is a Blower grind with a non aggressive chop. Maybe Brandon with LPE can add that lobe to the GT35 if your interested in there pump as well. Other wise its a typical 38% lobe like other shops use. I'm sure the GT35 38% if spaced correctly or a lash cap that lobe could work in the LT1 or LT4

I made 2 mistakes.. 1st. using the 38% lobe and wasn't able to get the full potential out of the LPE big bore pump (900 plus on all e85) I think I made it to 867 rwhp on all e85 w no meth. The second was a insufficiency low side. The shop fixed the ck valve issue and picked up 8psi but still wasn't to feed the Big Bore. I think this is the biggest bang for the buck if you consider selling your LT4 fuel parts to an SS owner..

In order to take full advantage of there kit a few things need to happen..

*The Big bore pump needs to be spaced correctly
*The Cam needs to have the 42% lobe
*Plus 30 injectors (fic will do)
*Low side capable of 100psi and not dropping under 80psi under a full load (this excludes the DSX Aux and the POS SMG aux copy.. Basically a Fore Return style or Aux return style setup.
*And lastly a high Flow valve ck line that LPE devolved a while back but is now available to order They announced it as of last week ( something my shop had to figure on there own) Uwe O. of XDI setup takes care of this restriction in the his XDI/Katech setup.

This Big Bore pump gets a lot bad wraps from speed shops saying its not worth it. It is worth it I guarantee they didn't set it up correctly. I.E. Lobe to small, ck valve restricted, not enough low side, and pump spaced incorrectly.. ( I guess if you want to depend on meth as fuel source you could say price wise its not worth it lol)

Also LPE 10% advertised rating over the LT4 pump.. that's 10 % installing it on a stock fuel lobe! people see that and say Oh... hmmm 1500.00 for 10% nah.. They just don't realize the lobe comes in to play.

I've been really impressed with the LPE Cam it's made 1004 to wheels with 18 or 19 psi.. After 3 cams with aggressive chop I 'm over that phase.

Brandon Baker <bbaker@lingenfelter.com>
Part number on the 31 will be L210356914
And im sorry as im not seeing a 8.2 lobe cam in our inventory For the GT35
TON of great info in this post! Thanks for posting it.