View Single Post
Old 09-21-2018, 09:14 PM   #12
Dave-ROR

Drives: A few
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim M View Post
Car has 3300 miles and is completely OEM off the showroom floor except the fluids. Haven't touched the brake fluid.

I'm confident it wasn't the clutch pedal...pretty good about using the dead pedal to hold me in the seat.

I've felt it before on the street (barely) on an on ramp acceleration. I hope it isn't a lifter!

The car didn't use any oil...only 37 miles so didn't expect much.

I've got an appt on Friday with the dealer...likely I should pursue my own software (dislike dealerships in general). May see how the PDR Valet mode works...may not want to know what they do though...

Drive mode: Track with the traction control button pushed for 5+ seconds so both dash lights illuminate. That was it. I've heard some is still on, but I couldn't tell.

Alignment: agree on the track setup. The tires aren't badly worn...I'd like to see them last a few commute miles too. Will rotate/clean tires tomorrow.

Another point is with just a driver and both windows fully down, the helmet buffeting is pretty incredible. (two folks it was minimal) I've noticed that on the street - driverside window full down only - the pressure reverberations is something terrible.

Lastly, the rear seat flopped down (likely I didn't latch it properly) and then the right knee 'pad' along the console popped off and fell into my lap at speed. Bit discerning!

Thanks for the responses! The only silver lining to this is after the repair (whatever it is), I will have to take it on track again! This was a bit of a shakedown before possibly shipping it to Germany...:-)
Ferman in Brandon/East Tampa has been good to me. Also, one of their salesguys is on here and has had a couple 1LE's and tracks regularly. Just in case you want a different dealer.
HPDE/DD: 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE || HPDE/DD: 2015 Subaru BRZ ||Tow Vehicle: 2004 GMC Sierra 2500 8.1L || Weekend toy: 1994 MR2 Turbo || The other weekend toy: 1993 MR2 Turbo || Track car: 1998 Integra Type-R || Race car: 1996 Integra GS-R || New race car build: 1992 Honda Civic Hatchback

Too many cars.. never.
Dave-ROR is offline   Reply With Quote