View Single Post
Old 11-02-2023, 07:22 AM   #1200
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyzz Kydd View Post
I agree with what he said. If anyone spouts pointless BS on this thread, it ain't him, it's the guy who drives a gas guzzling carbon spewing car, works in one of the most polluting industries in existence, but still comes on the forum and wraps himself in his holier than thou EV robes and spouts about how great things are in the supposedly carbon neutral UK.

We fought a war a couple of hundred years ago so we didn't have to listen to what British 'subjects' or 'royalty' had to say. Unlike you, we're what you call citizens, we don't have to bend the knee and kiss the ring. Where Britain is now is certainly NOT where the US will be in 5 years.

Newsflash, you don't have to own an EV to know that they suck. Martinjlm laid it out pretty well with his 20% comment. If you want fast charging and long battery life 80% charge and up doesn't exist for you, nor does 20% and down. So that mythical 300 mile range is really only 180 miles, under optimal conditions, even less if it's cold or you want to run the AC, or you have a bunch of stuff in the car. That 30 minute charge time he touted, highly misleading since that wasn't 30 minutes for a full charge, it was 30 minutes to charge 35%.

I really don't mind people liking their EVs. Different strokes for different folks. Some folks bought Yugos when they came out. I thought they were garbage, but hey, whatever floats your boat.

What I do dislike is people who try to gaslight me and others with BS about how great EVs are and how this whole EV push isn't the result of government mandates when anyone with even minimal powers of observation and minimal IQ can see that it's entirely due to mandates.

But I'm cheered by all the great news about Ford, GM, Honda, and Stellantis getting hosed in the EV market. Hopefully all four of those CEOs will end up out of work in the near future without too much damage to the rank and file workers who are just trying to make a living.

Cheers.
To be clear, the 20-80% pretty much applies just to charging time. Battery life for the newer lithium ion chemistries is much less sensitive to deep cycling (consistently going from 100% to near 0%)
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote