View Single Post
Old 02-25-2021, 07:34 AM   #24
zaimer

Drives: 23 ZL1 6speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by JitteryJoe View Post
Hmm, that's odd. I've had the exact opposite experience. I had a 3.7 Q50 and all of the 3.0TT motors I've gotten on loaners were way faster. The 3.7 has more "rated" HP but if memory serves it dynos at 260-270 to the wheels vs 300 for the base 3.0 on 91 octane.
Hmm, that is interesting. I would be curious to drive and compare them again now . It could have very well been my mindset at the time, that the 3.0TT is slower before I even drove it . Obviously the power delivery is different too, so a N/A motor could seem faster to some (in comparison to turbos), even if it is not.

I did like the power of my Red Sport, but at the end of the day it just wasn't a car that I loved. Again, I don't enjoy these cars that you have to stomp on it to have any sort of power feel. The LT1 motor for example, if you have a thought about giving it fuel, it is ready to go. I had the dynamic sunstone red (I believe it is called). For starters, I'm typically not a big fan of red, but that color is unique to the RS trim, so I thought why not. That and I think there just weren't enough improvements (or new things) that my 3.7 Q50 didn't have; I had a brand new car again, but in many ways it felt the same.
zaimer is offline   Reply With Quote