View Single Post
Old 02-15-2021, 12:12 PM   #4
rarest_spun_heaven_metal

Drives: 2020 V6 Camaro Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoarinSnek View Post
Evening everyone. Apologies for my last thread and outburst, unfortunately I became upset how I was treated and the whole car community because I drive a V6, but I've learned alot by the following,

1. Learn to love your car (which I do)
2. Be thankful for what you got (not many can get a camaro, and proud to have a fast car)
3. Ignore the ignorant (yeah, lel)

Here's the actual thread. I plan on pulling the plug in a few months and want to buy forced induction but idk much about them besides what prochargers and superchargers do for your car. Im thinking edelbrocks stage 1 supercharger or the procharger system and get a custom tune. From any experience, anyone know which is better out of the two? I've seen the procharger adds 165+HP over edelbrocks 100+HP with a custom HPtuners tune but the difference is being carb compliant (dont hafta worry since I'm in SC)

Also I have no intentions on trading for a V8 so thank you ^^

All I've done to my car is a 2.5" custom catback magnaflow system, a 76mm throttle body, and a throttle enhancer (badass imo crazy year for me and this car thou.
Do you really receive that much hate because you drive a V6? Maybe you're just hanging around with the wrong crowd and are a little thin-skinned.

You've come here soliciting advice a lot, so I will give you some. You've said that you got the V6 because you can't really afford the V8. That's okay. That's where your point #1 & #2 come in. I have the V6, and, yeah, I wonder how much better it would be if I had purchased a used SS instead - but if I'm being honest with myself, it's a very fast car already, and a ton of fun. I went for a joyride this morning at sunrise, and - dude - it's pure bliss.

I saw in one of your posts that you said you were 24. Why not try taking it slow for a while? You have your whole life ahead of you to buy stupid-fast cars. If money was part of the reason why you opted for the V6, I would recommend not running off to spend a bunch more of it on a supercharger - potentially creating reliability issues that are gonna cost you even more money down the road once you void your warranty.

Just appreciate your current car. Keep working and making (and saving) money. And in a few years, you can buy exactly the car you want. That is 100% the smartest move for you, if I may be so bold as to say so. There's more to life than having the absolute fastest car on the block.

Just cool it, my friend.
rarest_spun_heaven_metal is offline   Reply With Quote