View Single Post
Old 01-25-2018, 01:41 PM   #7
BlackbeastSS2

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE Shock Candy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny108 View Post
Hey everybody!
So I just got a new 2018 2ss and looking to upgrade my exhaust soon. I had 3 options in mind.
1. Muffler and resonator delete
2. Flowmaster outlaw mufflers with stock quad tip
3. Mbrp axle back.

What would you guys recommended? I just want something louder and deeper. I'm a little iffy on the muffler delete as my friend said it's way to loud. But I've never heard it in person. Let me know which set up you guys think sounds best or if you had any other ideas.

*Side note: I'm really not looking to spend $1200+ on an axle back as I'm on a budget. That's why I'm looking for an alternative.

Thanks in advance!
If you are staying relative stock I would go with the outlaw version from flowmaster. But if your adding a cam later I would not add the outlaw series mufflers, I would ad the DBX flowmaster version if your doing a cam. I went with the outlaw series first and found it to loud with cam, headers, and 3 inch stainless steel exhaust. I changed it up to the DBX flowmaster series which is a moderate series that works well with cam, headers, and 3 inch stainless steel exhaust.

I found the stock Camaro way to quite but I like loud cars. Plus getting totally rid of AFM values was a big bonus too.

Here’s my cold start and idle. When it gets warm it does get a bit quieter. BTW I had mine custom done at shop, just ordered mufflers. Cut outs are closed at headers, I just use them at the track.

https://youtu.be/lfpAzUGSU84
Attached Images

Diamond Piston & Manley Rods, Roto Fab Big Gulp
BTR Push Rods,LS7 Lifters, ARP, FI Chiller, Kirkey Seats
SJM Line Lock, Hurst Pistol Grip. 747/739 RWHP street tune - 821/794 RWHP track tune 101 octane.
2014 Mini Cooper countryman S All4 M6 daily driver
BlackbeastSS2 is offline   Reply With Quote