View Single Post
Old 05-18-2019, 05:09 PM   #211
JD2018_ZL1

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Camaro
I got mine installed and working perfectly. I made the harness and it made the install easy. I grabbed all connections at the A11 20 pin grey connector and the HMI black 18 pin connector. I had USB cables with the mole connectors but the screen input has to be the 2 wire LVDS molex for it to display. The touch is all handled through the LIN Bus.

I did not replace the window or do anything overly complicated for the camera mount. I used 3m double sided tape to adhere to the windshield and that woks fine, the mount and camera weigh nothing. I ordered some vivid black film and cut it to the shape of the camera assembly and cut out for the notch and get a perfect picture with no interference from the dot matrix and the film covers the plastic side that mouth to the windshield. If I ever have to replace the window ill go the the PDR style but no need for now.

I used two standard data USB cables for the Camera and the SD card reader. LVDS Mini B for the touch screen. I used a camera from the corvette because it has a female usb versus a male making it easier to find the molex style cables that work with it. Male to male is easier to find than male to female.

Its a easy add on and not really that expensive. I may look at creating the harness if there are people that want it. I bought 100 Molex LVDS cables by accident. so those will work for the screen. You do have to get a screen with the second usb input but if you had someone that can do surface mount Im sure they could add it to yours or maybe Louis Rossmann on youtube could do it for you. The two USB screens are difficult to find. I found one cheap with the screen damaged. I just swapped the board from the damaged screen to mine and it worked fine.

Thanks again to those that helped get this off the ground and did the research and shared it. I wanted this really bad but couldn't really force it since I was buying an 18 manual no sunroof car NFGM. Didn't have much choice.
JD2018_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote