View Single Post
Old 11-24-2020, 12:41 AM   #83
GunMetalGrey

Drives: Track prepped 2018 Camaro ZL1 (a10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackClub View Post
Everybody wants our money. All the time. And especially if they sense we may not clearly understand causes and effects

What exactly are you trying to fix handling wise? You knocked off a tremendous 3 seconds of your laptime with stickier tires and improved driving alone. Given your track config, i would not do anything that - even remotely:
1) reduces responsiveness of the car
2) increases tire wear

Remember, fix has to be based on what a driver feels, not what some guy tells you, that sells parts. I suspect if he sold shocks he would insist you swap those as well, to match the springs. Etc, etc. If you start listening to others vs yourself, the list will be infinite and your car at an ever changing state of flux. And eventually you may start taking parts out, because it doesnt feel right anymore.

If you want more camber, just get camber plates! Those and rear toe lock out make sense. However, if ya run 2.5 and 2.0, adjust up based on YOUR tire wear and do it in small increments (on the front, obviously) lest you can ruin a pair of F tires in a day (ive seen it done first hand). More is not always better. It all depends on a venue, driving style, tire, etc. So, thats another thing YOU must pay attention to as a driver and adjust accordingly. Not "some guy" that has never driven your car and/or your track.

Bottom line: it is your wallet. But even if ya have plenty of spare cash burning a hole in it, spend it wisely and spend it on items that will give ya best return on investment.
My cents anyway. Cheers!
I figure because of how corner heavy my track is that having more than -2.5 front camber would be beneficial.

I’m going to get a Pyro-metre to see what the temperature is across the face of my tire. That should tell
Me something about my alignment and if I could use more camber