View Single Post
Old 09-03-2017, 06:25 PM   #30
JohnE

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS / 1SS
Quote:
ECM Modifications (HP Tuners v3.2.x required)
Quote:

23. The attached zip file contains a baseline HPT file for reference on enabling the Flex Fuel sensor only. All performance related tables are stock in the baseline file. The changelog.txt file will indicate what is required and what is optional (but highly recommended). I have not looked at a 2017 file so I do not know if everything for the 2016 will translate over. The stock Flex Fuel tables are very good from a performance perspective so you will realize a high increase in torque across the board without actually doing a dyno tune. If you make it this far take the time after installation to monitor knock retard and adjust accordingly. Depending on ambient conditions you might need to lower timing in the higher g/cyl areas of the high octane spark tables. GM did not optimize the timing when you start getting past 0.92 g/cyl.

Tim
Hi Tim, Thanks for the great write-up. I just finished installing mine today (bought it from skidmark though very similar). I have my HP Tuners programmer on order and should get it next week.

So the GM ethanol tune is already pretty decent? My 2016 SS is stock with just the E85 sensor. Can you tell me what parts I should tune to maximize the HP gains? thanks for any info. -John
JohnE is offline   Reply With Quote