View Single Post
Old 05-16-2019, 01:11 PM   #42
Chris V

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE
I've gotten ice mode twice in my car - same turn, same course, same day. Grissom AFB during Optima's DriveAutoX. One wheel in the air, turning and braking at the same time.

If you keep all four wheels on the ground, you won't have ice mode.

If you brake in a straight line, you won't have ice mode.

It doesn't happen on tracks.

There are different calibrations *by tire* and by model. A base SS on all-seasons would have a lesser ABS calibration than one on Summer tires. The ZL1 1LE comes on SC3Rs, so it gets the most aggressive calibration.

If you want to add the 19+ calibration to your 2017-2018 (but not 2016) car, you can, but it's not easy. You need the brake controller off of a 19+ car with the same brake configuration. It's plug and play, but that requires pry bars and pulling the cowl, in addition to getting a computer with the calibration on it.

I lean pretty hard on my brakes on track, and have never had an issue. For autocross, just brake an instant sooner and get back to power. You're not going to beat cars with cornering speed on this platform anyway, just get back to power.

2017 1SS 1LE - 663 whp/623 wtq
Rotofab/Whipple/Kooks 2"/LT5 TB/LT4 Fueling/E85/MCS Coilovers/Ground Control/GOODAero/Apex Wheels/Race Louvers
Chris V is offline   Reply With Quote