View Single Post
Old 08-21-2018, 05:21 PM   #52
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsReject97 View Post
Eh, plenty of people have already done the pulley swap/upgrade. More to the point, they could have done this out the gate without any issue. Also, the bog has nothing to do with the blower, at all. The tune is what cures that issue..

The Drag Pak GM tested didn't add a pulley, didn't add any major components engine components other than headers. It did however involve a major re-tune of the eLSD, the transmission, and the engine. They managed a 10 second flat 1/4 mile with a tune, headers, intake, and wheels.. and I'll bet you dollars to dimes that the tune alone was responsible for most of it.
Good thing nobody took that bet, HAHAHA!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
Are you sure. The below article clearly mentions: Smaller-diameter supercharger pulley

https://media.chevrolet.com/media/us...amaro-zl1.html
Looks like he owes you some money, LOL!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsReject97 View Post
I stand corrected. Thank you for that correction. Now that I see it I do remember it.. I've been drunk since then!

GM did the pulley upgrade...with their own Drag Pak. Stands to show my original statement of why GM didn't do it as valid all by itself.
Anyway, I was just teasing.

So is this package going to be available as a manufacturer approved upgrade that will also allow us to keep the warranty? And will it NOT cost $20K to purchase and have installed? Just wondering. It would be nice if they made this as an available upgrade. It probably won't be due to emissions requirements and federal laws regarding removal/repositioning of cats and all. And I'm sure they didn't just wake up one day and decide to do this stuff and run the car. To me it seems like these manufacturers build these cars to their limits and then work to dial them back safely therefore always leaving room on the table. I'm sure that is what Ford did with the Coyotes. I'm sure they had the 420 HP version ready for the 2011 MY even if they didn't put it out until 2013 MY. And I'm sure they had the 460 HP Gen III Coyote version ready for the 15 MY even tho that didn't hit the GTs until this year. It seems that they all work them backwards thus having more that they can do. I bet the ZL1 was running these 10s well before the 17s hit.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote