View Single Post
Old 08-02-2020, 06:20 PM   #60
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
The concept is called toss-ability, been around since I was a boy, some cars are more tossable. My Integra Type R was tossable day one with OEM tires, my Omni GLH-S was tossable day one with OEM tires. My two Challengers sucked and only became marginal with lots of tire and suspension work both were supercharged one a V6, one a V8. Their lateral grip and transient response got way better but bulk was never really undercontrol. The 3800 lbs (v6) with suspension was actually kind of fun but when you been in a built Type R for 20 something years it gets hard to get use to such mass.

The Miata while tossable just does NOT have the HP to get my blood flowing. Maybe with the supercharger I'd be thinking maybe, but then the Supra 4 banger is out I'd probably just get that. My NA SS with PS4 FBO was very tossable, would luv the 1LE. I knew that if I got into the suspension I would toss off the magnaride anyway plus the 1LE was not out in late 2015 very eary 2016 time frame. I don't know how much more real world street driving the eLSD adds. I just know my 3600 lbs 1SS M6 is a very tossable car... brings a shiznett face grin and the factory dynamic balance is very good. One day I'll do suspension, at my age don't know if I'll do DSSV (factory ones are too stiff IMO). I could see a linear single adjust koni and 1LE springs and sways.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=436603
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.

Last edited by oldman; 08-02-2020 at 06:35 PM.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote