View Single Post
Old 11-09-2016, 11:22 AM   #12
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKLNHYD View Post
Shit! Sorry! I forgot to come back and provide an update.

So the dealership flushed the tranny three full times, bringing the trans up to temp each time and allowing it to cool before draining it and doing it again. I'm not sure exactly what the specs on the fluid were. They then replaced the filter and refilled the trans with fresh fluid, a different fluid than it came with, and gave the car back to me to drive for a while (at least 200 miles).

Initial response was that it solved the problem about 90%. It shifts much smoother, but the shifts are much stiffer, which is how I like it. But up on the freeway, it seems to occasionally vibrate although not nearly as much as it did before. I had a very busy week last week but I intend on taking it back because I think it's still a little off. Most likely because there was some sort of residual damage from the violent shaking and vibrations prior to the new fluid.

I will report back after they have it again for a new converter (the next step in fixing the issue).
I am betting the vibration on the freeway is due to AFM. Watch the V4 - V8 mode screen and see. If it vibrates while in V4, try putting the shifter into manual mode, shift down 7th gear and then back up to 8th gear and see if the vibration goes away. Not much can be done from that, other than to do the shift work around or use a Range device, which may or may not throw CELs.

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote