View Single Post
Old 07-17-2017, 04:09 PM   #26
HYPER1LE

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE HBM
As a 2017 SS 1LE owner as well, I have to concur with the other owners here, zryan. It's an awesome car stock (mine still is) and well-balanced. Remember, the Chevrolet Camaro team already engineered and tested this car to be what it is and tested it on the Nurburgring. Heck, even Camaro Chief Engineer Al Oppenheiser said this past weekend at CamaroFest 7 that he thought it was the best all-around. Of course, he had to acknowledge the ZL1 1LE after I mentioned it to him so he sort of corrected himself ;-). Oh, by the way, I'm not knocking any of the others. Aren't they all great at what they were designed and engineered to do? ZL1 is what I really wanted but I don't feel like I've settled for less with my SS 1LE. I had a 4th gen I modified to 505 naturally-aspirated crank horsepower (so about 430 to the rear wheels). That was enough for me to keep it drivable. It ran consistent 12.0 at 116mph in the quarter mile and with added, modest handling mods shamed a Viper GTS at the track (spun out-Road Atlanta). This car, though a few tenths slower in a straight line, still out handles that one. You could add power to improve straight-line (I may too after the warranty runs out), but I'd like to think you would not want to take your already well-balanced car and unbalance it for (road) track and street use. For now, all I am planning to do soon is have the dealer install their GM CAI with its tune and possibly the GM wicker bill. I just don't want to ruin the balance this car has. By the way, have you ever seen how many Mustang owners spin out and crash leaving car meets on YouTube? Just sayin' :-)
HYPER1LE is offline   Reply With Quote