View Single Post
Old 08-25-2019, 10:50 AM   #748
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
I feel safe in Norm's hands.....
Go back and read what 6speedhyperblue has posted. This is an apples to watermelon comparison. You basically keep saying it is the eLDS and geewiz that makes the 1LE faster but discount the fact that the test is using lowering springs and dampers for lowering springs. YES, IMO, a set of proper road race springs and dampers would close that 2 second gap PERIOD.

The DSSV package did not have the 1LE tire = FAIL
The DSSV package did not have the ZL1 - 1LE tire = FAIL I know which car I want to race....

The DSSV setup, probably WAY too stiff for the stock SS tires, still I admit that I'm surprised, but this is only one course over one day. The DSSV can be setup for 1.5 negative camber at the track... was this done on their test? doubtful.

GM did not compare the bolt-on (complete with MRC) 1le to the real 1le so we have NO IDEA what the eLSD and geewiz adds. Probably less for an experienced driver.

GM since they are only marketing what the sell and make no doubt about it, it was all done for marketing, they don't have a passive damper for the 1LE spring. So what would about a bolt-on 1le with dual damped adjust Konis do against a real 1LE?

I'm back to the garage now putting in my forged engine into my M6 Camaro. I am thinking about what needs to be done to put the M6 into a 2.9 second 0 -60 time with street tires on a normal road. Either 100 wear 888R or 240 to 300 wear maybe a PS4s. For sure I need to do it in one gear as the shift alone would put me back into the 3s. ZL1 trans would do it, don't know if I can find and fit just the 2.29 1st gear. It also looks like a 7200 RPM fuel cut would do it.... There will be C8 on the street I don't want them to catch the oldman napping.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.

Last edited by oldman; 08-25-2019 at 11:18 AM.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote