View Single Post
Old 05-03-2021, 05:05 PM   #23
Vigilante375

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z OH 6 View Post
No one here is using all season tires on these cars. All of the tire suggestions that have been given are Max Performance Summer tires so the stock GY SC3s are no different in that regard. The GY SC3Rs are different and meant only for dry weather and track performance which is why they only come on the 1LE. That being said, as I've stated, I've had no issues with my SC3s thus far driving in what I consider to be normal rain. If it was a torrential flood, that's a different story in which case all tires will struggle, just some more than others.
Never did I mention all seasons.

What makes these tires different from other extreme performance tires is the compound and the tread depth and rating.

I'm certain 5000 miles on my Pirelli P Zero tires will do a lot better than your 5000 mile SC3s in rainy weather. That's the difference people seem to forget.

Not doubting the SC3s ability to be used in the rain but since I drive my car year round, in all conditions, I feel more confident in not using the SC3s and tracking the mileage and knowing I'm due to change the tires at around 7k or 9k miles.

Can't believe we're still going on about this. Oh well.
Vigilante375 is offline   Reply With Quote