View Single Post
Old 10-24-2020, 04:25 PM   #14
enjikari

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by enzia35 View Post
Man lots of misinformation you have. UTQG is not a standard between manufacturers. The numbers cannot be compared between different manufacturers. Generally the lower number means stickier tires but less tread life, that’s it. Nothing regarding how many miles per 100 UTQG. Nothing wrong with $800 tires. I’m running the General GMax AS-05. Many prefer non RF because the ride is better. If you have food insurance or AAA or feel like carrying around fix a flat or tire plugs, maybe go with non RF tires. As you can see, they’re generally cheaper.

You mentioned 20k a year... get ready for almost yearly tire changes. Maybe look into getting a set of square wheels in order to rotate.
Well, this is kinda what I came here for. If I'm gonna be spending 1600 a year on just tires, well, time to start budgeting. This is just so new to me, spending this kinda dough on tires.

A few inquiries though. You mentioned finding square tires for rotation purposes. How can I tell the difference, speaking on Tire Rack specifically. Also, can I not have any tires I buy rotated, or is this a C6 specific thing?

And the 300kmi/100UTQG thing was just a random Google result reading, I didn't buy much stock into it. However, I do pay attention to the rating when purchasing, and I typically buy higher rating tires for longevity reasons, and that has paid off pretty consistently.

I'm leaning towards the non RF tires because of this - that $800 set has a rating of 560. If I can get more than a year out of those, then I'll deal with my good insurance if I have a tire issue.

I'm also gonna re-search the tires forum section for more tire recommendations. I can't be the only commuter who's trying to Penny pinch.
enjikari is offline   Reply With Quote