View Single Post
Old 04-21-2023, 09:40 AM   #14
MakCamaro
Makis

Drives: 2020 Red Hot ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
Here's an unorthodox idea, try re-bedding those pads, the process (see below) worked for me early on. Granted, I had to do it very early in the morning and finding a suitable road wasn't easy, but the end result was worth it.

Another thing you can do is Powerstop Z26 pads, several forum members use those to nearly eliminate brake dust at the cost of slightly less braking power (which is okay for the street), I believe those are quieter, too.
Very useful information, as usual Arpad! Based on the information in the manual my understanding is that the first step may be skipped if there are more than 200 miles on the pads. I guess I will have to follow this bedding procedure as I started experiencing some vibration when I brake and it seems that the consensus is that rotors don't warp... So I will go through steps 2, 3 and 4. Also several people in the forum strongly support that there is no need to apply the brakes as many times as suggested in the manual and that half a dozen would perfectly do the job - I would go for 10. I now need to go on a long highway, probably late at night to avoid traffic and the possibility of scaring other drivers or causing an accident
Attached Images