View Single Post
Old 01-12-2021, 08:27 AM   #16
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by StPeteHyper2.0 View Post
They have different harness adapters for the bose system. You basically have to look for the harness to match your IO5 or IO6 system. Mine is IOB. Pac audio should have a harness for that. Idatalink needs to get off their ass and make a compatible harness. You're essentially pulling out the stock radio module and replacing it with an aftermarket programmed module to retain factory settings. If it's not available yet then be patient or start emailing Idatalink to push them. Idatalink maestro RR to be exact. The aftermarket stereos are not dead yet. They are adapting to the change. Pioneer made a modular unit and now companies can work on adapting to specific vehicles. Research Idatalink and you may be surprised.

I replaced all my stock speakers and still use the stock amp however I used a sub thump harness and added 2 more amps with 2 midrange and 2 subs.
So they make these head units capable to not only run aftermarket amps and speakers but also integrate to the vehicle operations? In the screen I can adjust my suspension (I also have MagRide)/steering/dual mode exhaust, adjust power door lock and delay lighting, perimeter transmitter activation, climate control settings, I can even set the front and rear defrosters to come on by themselves when the outside temp is sensed at 36 degrees! Navigation, XM radio, backup sensors, blind spot monitors, memory driver's seat automatic exit and entry settings...... all that stuff and much more is all programmed in the car through the infotainment screen.

You mean the new aftermarket head units will work with all of that and keep all of my operations?
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote