View Single Post
Old 11-12-2020, 10:56 AM   #79
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
But everyone told me when the 6th gen came out the gloves are off and they don't protect the corvette haha.

I have said it a few times before when a 6th gen Z comes up and I still stand by it.

1. there's no place for it in the lineup, the ZLE is to good, and the 5th gen Z/28 put them in a hard spot because it was the top dog performance wise on the twisties.
2. they made such a big deal about the 5th gen car being NA that takes the LT5 off the table
3. If the Z/28 got the rumoured FPC from the z06, what else would it need to outperform the ZLE and at what cost.

Only way I see a 6th gen Z/28 is if they have the Z/28 slide down in the line up and be just in between the 1LE and ZL1
From an engineering point of view, yes the Camaro took its gloves off, but GM held it back in terms of marketing.

Seeing how SS 1LE is closer to a standard ZL1(not ZL1 1LE), the Z/28 could be an NA ZL1 1LE, being more of a hardcore track car. The Price difference between SS 1LE and ZL1 could potentially allow something like this to exist. Of course, this is just me thinking out loud.

Sent from toaster or something

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote