View Single Post
Old 05-02-2019, 02:31 PM   #79
NW-99SS

Drives: 1999 Camaro SS M6 - SBE LS1
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
If GM could stab an LT5 in a ZLE, I think that's mostly all they'd need to do to be competitive with GT500 and HCs. I know it's not that simple, but most of the hardware is already there. There's already cooling and aero, and they can use TM to help control driveline thrashing, so I don't know they'd be in Demon-territory for price, if they didn't want to be.

What I didn't say above is that I'm not talking down on GM. I think what they're offering are way better cars. BUT - I don't know that they are building cars for regular people (in terms of Camaros - I'm not talking about trucks anymore). People like us appreciate big brakes and e'diffs and shocks that come from a company that doesn't sell to the public. But GM's just not appealing to the masses. I think Dodge has more heart and soul into their product (that reaches out to customers) than Ford or GM at this point. I think Ford just stamps out stuff they can sell. And GM tries to give the customer an outstanding product but has lost what is largely valued by it's customers and out-prices what the competition charges - the value on GM's work is lost on lack of interest. ANYWAYS...

I do sincerely hope they put LT5 in Camaro. I think it can sell and I think it can bring some brand recognition, too. I won't be 3-inch-high-wheelie-for 2-foot-cool but it can still have cred' on the strip where I think it will be most relate-able. If they can get it to throw flames out of the pipes like ZR1, too, I think that would be badass HAHAHA
This exactly. The ZL1 and ZLE are formidable cars. Even with the GT500 and HC Redeye, I would opt for either one as my next performance car. That said, I would pony up the money for an LT5 Camaro before either the ZL1 or ZLE. Pony cars are about HP, and it's time GM stepped into the ring with Dodge and Ford and offered another knock-out punch like the ZL1 did in 2016.
2017 Yukon Denali 6.2
NW-99SS is offline   Reply With Quote