View Single Post
Old 05-01-2019, 05:20 PM   #71
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
I remember reading that when GM was trying to rebuild the Cadillac brand about ten years ago, they wanted to be competitive with the Germans. One of the strategies to appear competitive, according to them, was to raise the price closer to the competition because they thought a higher price would make the customer perceive a better product. That doesn't make sense to me, but maybe I'm in the wrong. I know I don't just spend money on the more expensive product just because it costs more. I'm sure I'm leaving stuff out of this example, but it's apparent actions like that that make me think GM management is just not in touch.

I could be completely off on all that. But - sales have slumped bad. Maybe Camaro's been priced out of the market. This is a great generation that has just not been well-received. I think it's a better car that Mustang and Challenger, but it's not resonating. Maybe it's price and maybe GM's just made a car for the magazines. Camaro needs some numbers though. Well all care about lap times, but more people can identify with strip times, and with horsepower numbers. Camaro needs LT5, IMO, and it needs it at a comparable price to the competition. Will it get it? I doubt it.
Not for nothin but GM didn't just raise the price of the Caddys just to make people think it was a better product. They raised the prices because they started adding in a bunch of tech, options, and features as standard on the Caddys. On top of using better materials in the interior, better designs, etc. So it wasn't just the same ole car with a higher price tag. It had a bunch of stuff that was not available in the other cars and that is what made the price go up.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote