View Single Post
Old 07-21-2021, 08:44 PM   #1
Wuiquen

Drives: 2018 Hot Red ZL1
Help me decide what tires to buy

Finally got around driving the ZL1 in a good mountain drive. The GY Supercar 3 are simply amazing. Never ever once did i feel the car was going to slide or even heard the tires make noises or flex on turns. I have had Hankooks in the past and the simply are not the good. I have them on my C6 and you can hear/feel the tire slide when push hard. It feels unsafe at time.

So the question is what to buy for my upcoming ZLE wheels? I hear great reviews on continental and Michelin PS4. The price different is somewhat significant so which one should I choose? How are the continental compared to the GY Supercar 3? How are the Michelin PS4 compared to the GY?

Should I just stick to the GY and get a new set in the 29" size? From what I see, one can get about 8k to possibly 10k miles on a set. I won't daily drive the car but might take long cruises from time to time. Maybe 2 to 3 times a year if so.. car probably will no see more than 4k miles a year. How bad as the GY on the rain or colder weather?