View Single Post
Old 02-26-2015, 12:26 PM   #282
RobWH

Drives: Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Lives On View Post
Hell the corolla has LED headlights standard across the whole model range. What I havent quite figured out, is of toyota can do that on its base model run of the mill communter car, why havent more manufactures done it? I'd love to see LED headlight on the camaro. I know it wont happen, but id still love to see it!
I was browsing again and this caught my attention again, plus the conversation seems over so ...

At some point w/i the next 5-7yrs, were I a betting man, I'd bet basically every new passenger vehicle sold in America will be equipped w/ HID or LED lights as standard equipment. The discussion reminds me of the hoopla behind HALOGEN in the 1980's once people realized how much brighter than standard they were. The buyer wanted them, but was later shocked at the double price for a replacement light(then bulb 1/6th the size of the light) and the funny thing was, those who had older vehicles would gladly pay that extra... but they didn't usually have a car payment over their head. Same thing today, but HID and LED is replacing the older technology.
RobWH is offline   Reply With Quote