View Single Post
Old 07-12-2021, 09:17 PM   #13
LiqTenExp

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Parts are pouring in, dripping, maybe oozing. May have everything by this weekend to reassemble it.

One of the parts I was considering buying a new TMAP but good luck finding one in stock that doesn't require special order first. Trying the dealer tomorrow. Nothing wrong right now with current one, just realized how hard it would be to replace if I had to (blower comes off!).

Also looking at replacing the following while I have access to them:
LT4 injectors (x8) - ordered
Canister purge valve (hangs off of TB) - received
Supercharger lid oring (x1) - installed
New supercharge lid hardware - received
Intercooler brick to blower orings (x2)
Supercharger to heads orings (x8)
Supercharger to head seal washers (x10) - ordered
Spark plugs, trying Brisk RR14S (x8)
SC Belt (x1)

Some good points to consider:

1) The SC heat exchangers need to have their hardware tight and Loctite applied to keep them sealed and not leak coolant. This is an easy spot to develop a leak into cylinder 1 or 2 and lose IC coolant. The passenger's side had a tiny seeping leak that I discovered during this disassembly. Cleaning up, priming, and Loctite application will fix it and prevent the hardware from backing off tq preload and getting loose. Also looking at replacing the seal for good measure, not required.

2) Take the time to inspect all contacts (pins/receptacles) prior to complete reassembly. Don't want to find a contact connector lock broken on an injector after putting it all back together.

Last edited by LiqTenExp; 07-12-2021 at 09:33 PM.
LiqTenExp is offline   Reply With Quote