Thread: Front speakers?
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2019, 12:14 PM   #23
drfeelgood

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Convertible A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverCamaroVert View Post
Thanks for the info! I'm slightly in panic mode as my car is ripped to shreds in my garage and want to button it up before long. (It's actually over 50 out!!!)

Wow, 20-150! They rate it at 15w RMS with 30w peak "with no crossover". If I cross it over at 300Hz, I guess it can handle more? I would like to NOT blow it. I have a 4 channel 100x4 RMS at 4ohm I bought to run the Morels active. Would that be safe?

I already bought said Morels. Do you think it would be ok to use the Tempo Ultra 6x9 from those, leave the rest in the box and get the U2?

I looked at the Freq Response curve earlier. It looks like it excites a bit from 2-9k and then drops off from 9 -11k. It's that 9-11k drop that made me question performance without a tweeter. I don't care too much above 15k. I doubt I can hear it anymore anyway.
Yes, it will handle more crossed at 300hz
Yes, that amp will be fine if running the system together, I had 200watts going to the tweet and midange... it was too much for the midrange
Yes, I am a fan of bespoke setups, I think its worth a try going with the 6x9 morels and get the U2
remember this was tested in a listening room, that's why I mentioned firing off glass. I do not think it would adequately produce those frequencies as well fired on axis (The L2Se and L3SE are both designed to be played without a tweeter. Scott won a sound quality competition with a midbass and 3.7" full range 2 way setup without a tweeter to prove the efficiency of his SE line!
'17 White ZL1 A10 Convertible - TM ported TB - RotoFab CAI - 2.3" griptech upper pulley - Kooks 1 7/8" Headers with High Flow Cats - Borla S-type Catback - Audio Overhaul - NavTV M650-GM - 20" BlackDiForza- Michelin Pilot Sport4S - Tuned at BRC Raceworks (606rwhp/675trq)

'14 CTS-V Coupe - ZL1 lid - Ported TB - Ported Snout - AirRad CAI - 8.66" lower - 2.55" upper- Greenbelt - SW Headers - SW Catback - Varimax Intercooler Pump - Track Attack Intercooler-Tuned at BRC Raceworks (551rwhp/516trq)

'17 Maserati Levante- STOCK
drfeelgood is offline   Reply With Quote