View Single Post
Old 07-03-2022, 04:26 PM   #20
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigss50 View Post
Thanks I deleted that post. I will take this to my installer/tuner. I don't plan to go beyond the Edlebrock E-Force kit setup so the tune will be included in that kit. Just looking for around 600 hp. I know from reading I should upgrade the fuel system to avoid any engine issues. I only drive a few thousand miles a year but when I do it can be spirited.

Regarding the STB after removing I see it is just a hollow piece of aluminumn about 1 1/2" thick. If necessary a flat piece of steel type STB should be as good or better.

I should also add I have an A8.
I’d bet a bunch of money that the handling will be the same without the STB. Just my 2 cents.

The coupes do have the black corner supports and you can keep those.

LT4 in tank, HPFP, and injectors are the really the bare minimum fuel system to start playing with forced induction. You need to replace the HPFP hard fuel lines too when making those changes. And get yourself a wideband installed too. AEM makes ones that communicates over the cars canbus so you can datalog AFR at the same time as everything else.