Thread: Blow off valve
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2020, 06:54 PM   #9
HyperBlue1SS

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNoBrakes View Post
I had a 2004 WRX. It was a common misconception that you should change the blow off valve so it would make the "psssssssh" noise. The "pppssshhh" came from removing the stock intake silencer. Factory BOV is fine, unless you are going to far more boost with a bigger turbo and you need a stronger valve to hold that back. The modern cars are coming with recirculating BPV as described above.
I 100% agree! To the OP, your money is best spent on CAI. The factory BPV will definitely give you that BOV sound your looking for but not have near the downside of running a vent to atmosphere BOV. Ideally you should probably still be tuned but I don't really see a lot of downside to running a CAI without a tune as actually installing a BOV! The ECU should be able to compensate for the increased airflow and still function properly.
1LE Replicas / Solo Axleback Exhaust/ Street Scene Front Splitter / Diode Dynamics Smoked LED Side Markers / OEM Smoked Tails & Third Brake Light / OEM Illuminated Door Sills / OEM ZL1 Side Skirts / OEM ZL1 Spoiler / OEM Black Badges / GM CAI / Soler Engineering TB/TC / Katzkin Leather / 20% Tint
HyperBlue1SS is offline   Reply With Quote