View Single Post
Old 10-08-2023, 04:40 PM   #5
khcoaching

Drives: 2021 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by NG329 View Post
Thanks guys.

Ken,

You’re right about the TP. Apparently, I need to change my tire pressure gauge for a more accurate one. Either way, even if I had lowered the pressure by another 2-3psi before that session, the temps would have been even higher. The heat was the main issue and they understeered virtually everywhere once they got hot. My use case was likely an incorrect one. It’s that I’ve seen Corvettes running A7 for full sessions up to 3 days or 15 heat cycles and turning good laps. In retrospect, those cars were tracked out weigh around 3,100lbs. Actually, now that I think about it, it’s definitely the weight. My buddy in a Phoenix Corvette runs 1:10-1:12 in his C5 race car on A7 but in his C7 Grand Sport with A7 ran 1:14-1:16.

My experience with the R7 is that they are the same speed as the 3R. But I rank the 3Rs better because the 3Rs do not fall off in laptimes as badly as the R7. You get 5 good 20min sessions on an R7 before it becomes a 70-75% tire. Then you can run at 70% up until you come up on 30 heat cycles. The 3Rs don’t fall off nearly as much over the course of 10+ sessions. If I were to make an educated guess/assessment, I think the Hoosiers work best on lighter cars.

Yep, extra weight = extra heat.