View Single Post
Old 05-08-2020, 11:05 PM   #21
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Ok, Devil's Advocate but please hear me out...

Why would you bring a car that heavily modded to a dealership and then just walk away from it for 3 hours and not so much as check on it? I brought my ZL1 to a dealership 1 time and that was for the first free oil change. And I at all times kept myself as close to my car as possible. If the bay doors were closed then you can bet your ass I had my ear to it listening. And mine was stock. So even if something happened it would result in free stuff. You car is very highly modded. You should be doing the oil change yourself at this point especially if you have all the stuff to do it. Or at the very least the shop that did the mods. Or somewhere else other than a dealership. Any place with a small parking lot and a bay right there and windows allowing you to see.

Now I am not accusing you of anything, but it seems odd that the car ran fine all this time and now all of a sudden it has some major engine failure. Putting some pieces together, and forgive me here, but it kinda sounds like something I heard a long time ago in my Mustang days when some kid tried to set up a shop for an engine he blew. Similar story. Brought it in for an oil change. Highly modded. Walked away. Car has an issue. "Oh you blew my engine". Because a lot is not adding up. Again, we all are super protective of our Camaros especially a ZL1 and even more especially one that has what I would estimate to be well over $20K in mods. We don't just take our cars to a dealership and then trust them to the point of going into the waiting room and reading a magazine for 3 hours. Something doesn't add up.

Now on your side of things, if there was some incident then I do believe there would be an alert sent to your email immediately. If my tire pressure goes low or I get a CEL or even when I get very low on oil life percentage I get email alerts. If something happened to your car at the dealership then there is some record of it and it would have the date and time that it occured. Likewise, if it happened a week ago, then it will indicate that as well. So that might be a good way to plead your case. Look for that email or see if there is a way to get it. It should be in the diagnostic or monthly vehicle service report or something to that effect.

Now I also have to say, this is the reason why dealerships and manufacturers should not take cars modded to this level. Regardless of how long you've had the car for or how long it has ran perfectly, you certainly have gotten on the gas before. Now the only way I could see them damaging your engine is if they were doing some crazy stuff like burnouts or holding the pedal down or if they took it for a spin and went crazy on it...in which case I gotta call BS because there is no way a responsible owner wouldn't know that was going on. Maybe they started the car but failed to put the oil in but then it would have seized or scorched your bearings and caused an internal oil leak. Maybe your tune was off or something with the E85?? Either way I do not see how any of this could have been the dealership's fault. Unless like I said they were just having a field day with your car and you were completely oblivious to what was going on for 3 hours.

Whatever happens, I do wish you luck if it is found out that the dealership was completely at fault. If that happens then I hope you learned a valuable lesson. Do your own oil changes. If you can't, then be present at all times when someone else is doing it.