Thread: Detail spray
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2019, 02:34 PM   #8
NeverDie
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by FH212 View Post
I have used some waterless wash sprays before but what is the actual difference? To me they seem similar in feel and touch? Just curious....
A true rinseless/waterless wash product will isolate and encapsulate the dirt particles in a detergent which allows them to safely be removed from paint without scratching. You want to get the dirt up and off of the surface, encapsulate it in the lubricating properties of a detergent, and safely remove. Rinseless/Waterless also will allow you to rehydrate the dried enzymes from the dead bugs for easy removal.

A quick detailer is just something to swipe on to give a sacrificial and superficial layer of "protection" and shine.

So one will encapsulate, lift, and remove dirt (quality of product plays a role, as does technique) and the other will simply "protect" for a week/until the next wash and make it look glossier with a superficial layer of gloss enhancers.

Both of the products I mentioned above provide actual protection and water beading properties (P&S doesn't last long, though) so there is that. Do a rinseless / waterless wash and follow with the above.
NeverDie is offline   Reply With Quote