View Single Post
Old 01-09-2021, 06:49 AM   #60
Street Lethal
Tech Anarchist

Drives: GM F-Body's
Let me help place things into perspective for you...

Quote:
1st pull - 8/3/20 stock with CAI and muffler delete - 253 TQ 304 RWHP 5th gear base pull

2nd pull - 8/7/20 Procharger, they custom tuned it 336 TQ 433 RWHP
An increase from 304-RWHP to 433-RWHP is a 43% increase in horsepower, which means he was making only 6-psi of boost pressure during the dyno tuning in his case. A 70% increase in power would be 10-psi of boost pressure, which equates to an additional 212-RWHP making a total of 516-RWHP. 15-psi of boost pressure equates to a 100% increase in power, so now he will realize close to, if not over 608-RWHP. The only thing stopping him at this point is the need for more fuel and forged pistons at this point. Now, I hope this answers the questions as to why he went with a boosted V6, as well as how he would do against an SS Camaro. More power is merely a blower pulley, and/or crank pulley away, not to mention excellent street manners and gas mileage. The guy may be 52 years old, and sadly I am not too far away from him being in my 40's now, but the argument of V8 vs anything else is what is ancient, as well as obsolete. There are naturally aspirated four banger Honda's running in the nines today, so a V8 SS Camaro running 11's is nothing to cheer about...

- Rob
Street Lethal is offline   Reply With Quote