View Single Post
Old 08-17-2020, 10:38 AM   #3
zedts1986

Drives: 2024 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95TA - The Beast View Post
Personally I have been doing high performance stuff for over 25 years, including big HP, forced induction stuff (both turbo and supercharger) and know better than to change a lot of stuff people worry about (such as the throttlebody, as there is ZERO power or performance to be had with that mod on a forced induction car), or even doing things like going with a high-flow downpipe unless I was going to get rid of the cat (which I am not), so an aftermarket catted downpipe is only marginally better than the stock catted downpipe, or changing things for pure sound (like the silicone intake tubes, which, since I don't want turbo noise at all, does nothing for me).
I think that you're doing a disservice to yourself by writing off the downpipe and intake. ZZP catted downpipe, ZZP silicone intake tube, K&N high-flow air filter, and the BNR (JacFab) recirc. valve made a huge difference. Made my car more responsive and changed the way boost was held (more and longer into the power curve).

Old & Sold: 2019 Camaro 1LT M6, RaceChip GTS, RaceChip XLR, ZZP Catted downpipe, JacFab Boost-o-lator, K&N drop-in air filter, ZZP Intake Tube, PTP turbo blanket, NGK 6510s gapped at 0.022"

Motorcycle enthusiast
zedts1986 is offline   Reply With Quote