View Single Post
Old 11-26-2021, 08:04 PM   #2
sr71bb

Drives: 2019 Camaro Z-28
The FIX

Ok as mentioned there are TWO issues with making this part work with 19 inch and 18 in wheels.

I mentioned in the previous post that SPL PARTS sent me a THINNER center lock nut BUT it still wasnt thin enough to provide proper clearance so I asked AMP to source me out a MUCH thinner NYLOCK nut.

If you are using 19 inch wheels, you can retain the STOCK NYLOCK nut that comes with the bumpsteer kit but you will need to NOT use TWO of the small washers.

The FIRST pic shows you how that looks on my 19 inch wheels with the spacing between the end of the thread and the inside barrel of the wheel. Looks like maybe 1/2 inch clearance. Notice that the thing that is CLOSEST the inside barrel of the wheel is the threads because they protrude slightly thru the NYLOCK nut.

Now if you are using this on an 18 inch wheel, then you will need to BOTH shorten the threaded portion of the bolt AND you will need to use a MUCH thinner NYLOCK nut.

The SECOND picture shows me holding the original NYLOCK nut next to the newly installed THINNER nylock nut. You notice it is about 1/3 the size of the NYLOCK nut that comes with the kit.

The THIRD picture shows about how much of the thread on the bolt was cut off so that it jus BARELY protrudes thru the new THINNER NYLOCK nut.

The Fourth picture shows the newly installed nut WITHOUT the wheel installed.

The FIFTH picture shows the clearance NOW with my 18 inch wheels.

The SPECS on the NYLOCK nut are 5/8ths by 18 threads. Thanks to SPL PARTS for the tech assistance and to AMP for actually doing the grunt work including sourcing the NYLOCK nut.
Attached Images

https://youtu.be/c9M5UHDftcA
4-15-23 at SCCA TT U1 Class

MEGA Thread on THIS car:
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=602092

Retired Cars BELOW:
1973 Camaro, 1969 Camaro, 1969 Camaro SS RS
2010 Camaro SS with 1000HP F1R, 2019 ZL1 1LE A10
sr71bb is offline   Reply With Quote