View Single Post
Old 05-19-2020, 12:08 PM   #23
CW3SF

Drives: 2019 Chevy Camaro ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
Probably the biggest consideration for me was CARB-certification. I've been 'round-and-'round with emissions blah-blah-blah and am tired of worrying about it. I could have stuck with porting the 1740, and pulley-up, but that thing is blowing hotter air after adding boost, and while it would be stealthy, if I ever get around to tracking this thing, I think I'll be in a better position, heat-wise (blower temp), with this over the OEM. This blower answered all of that, and more. Magnuson's always been on my radar, but after they showcased this blower, I was sold. The competition might have some small advantages here and there, but they wouldn't apply to my situation, and the downsides to the alternatives far out-weighed benefits that wouldn't suit me anyways. And - we're now seeing some of the apparent benefits of the alternative might be diminishing slightly, as this blower evolves some more, and the industry starts fiddling with it.

Yeah that’s assuming it gets CARB certified, which hasn’t happened yet. I’m watching and waiting, as I live in an emissions hell also (Colorado).
CW3SF is offline   Reply With Quote