View Single Post
Old 08-14-2020, 10:32 AM   #42
MartinLe

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by laynlo15 View Post
Don't use the launch control with the slicks. Roll thru the water about 2 ft, turn all the shit off. Do your burn out in the manual mode, start out in first and bring it to about 5500 until you start seeing the slicks start to smoke and then shift into second and you'll feel it start to hook and lugging the motor down, let off the brake still applying some power and you'll feel it hook. Go straight to the line and remember to put it in the auto mode from the manual mode. Stage it and bring the R's to about 1500 and let it eat. I always put my side mirror down so I can see when I've roll all the way past the water and you can watch the mirror to see when the slicks start to smoke. Go get that 10 second pass. If you do your burn out in the water all the water gets up inside the fender well and drips down on top of the slicks and your spinning off the line.
The OP is driving an M6 as I am. Should we still shift into second, or just back off on the throttle until it starts to bite and then disengage the line lock and move to stage?
MartinLe is offline   Reply With Quote