View Single Post
Old 10-20-2022, 12:26 PM   #7
Idaho2018GTPremium

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Realist View Post
No car design is perfect in my eyes. From the windshield back, it looks very good, almost Viper like to me. But I can’t get past the front end, needs complete redo. Is it manual? Nice color on both cars and congrats!
Thanks! It's the auto. And I agree, from the windshield back it's awesome. I like the headlights and front end from straight on quite a lot...but I think there's something about the middle area of the hood from the side view that is a little off but can't put my finger on it just yet. I'm thinking it may have something to do with the smoothness and lack of definition in the hood/fender area between the wheel well and windshield, but not even sure that's it. It could be the high cowl height compared to the passenger area - like I said, not really sure yet. It has a very good dash-to-axle ratio, so that's not it either. The hood is a clamshell and is absurdly large, though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarmelter View Post
sweet cars. Your a lucky guy to have both. I considered a Supra over my 1LE SS but ultimately opted for the 1LE. I would have been happy either way. Your ZL1 is beautiful. Same color as my 1LE.
Thanks, I definitely feel lucky to have a Supra and ZL1, though it's not all luck; I work hard and have a successful engineering career that's helped put me in a situation financially where I can afford to do this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atx_traveler View Post
is your supra the 6 speed manual? i'm curious how the zf 8 speed compares to the 10 speed if they're both autos.

the supras are definitely rare, but ZL1s are rare around me as well. the look is growing on me and i could see one in my driveway in the future.
Yeah, I see more Supras around here than ZL1s, though Supras still aren't a common site. Mine is a '22 with the ZF 8 speed auto, the manuals are '23. I need more seat time with it to determine how the ZF auto fully compares to the A10 in my ZL1. Initial impressions are the downshifts with the paddles are a tad quicker and more responsive than the paddles with the ZL1. Not really sure about the rest of it yet. I've only driven it 3 times since getting it (my wife drives it more than me).

Past:
2018 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP1, MR, and A10
2007 MazdaSpeed3
1995 Pontiac Trans Am
1987 Camaro Z28

Idaho2018GTPremium is offline   Reply With Quote