View Single Post
Old 12-01-2020, 08:28 AM   #14
camaroJD

Drives: 2019 Satin Steel 1SS 1LE w/ PDR
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcd550 View Post
I was specifically told by ZL1 Addons NOT to put jack stands under the lift pads. It's a safety issue. See e-mail screenshot below. The link is the e-mail is the same video UnknownJinX posted. The video does a good job showing where to place jack stands.
The problem I have with this is that I don't seen anything official from GM about placing jacks there. I have nothing against LethalGarage (his videos are very good) but I have a hard time trusting this just because one guy/company said so, especially if I am under the car. I've posted about this and never had a definitive answer.

I want to know why ZL1 Addons now specifically says not to use the pads with jack stands. I don't remember that explicit warning until pretty recently. My guess is someone did it wrong and the car slid off. The way my jack stands fit "in" the pads feels as steady as it can be. I also know that the car was designed to have the weight in this area. With that being said, the fact that ZL1 Addons now says this gives me great concern about doing it again.
camaroJD is offline   Reply With Quote