View Single Post
Old 12-23-2018, 09:38 PM   #25
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
Funny thing with these ZL1 1LEs, they are slow in the 1/4 mile and I would guess street action. Other funny thing is many seem to go up for sale shortly after purchase. So Ford please cater to your base and not MT and C&D, build the 500 to embarrass the competition where people actually use their cars street and strip. Don't worry about track times, build an R model for that.
I guess we could say the same thing about the GT350...that many of them that sold went right up for sale shortly after with very little miles on them. Whether people were disappointed in the performance or whether the engine problems left them disappointed or if people realized that they weren't going to increase in value and thought they should ditch them before they lose any more money than they already did (ADMs) is up for speculation. But these types of cars always end up back at the dealerships with very low miles and only a few months to a year or two later. I bought my 2010 2SS/RS in 2012 with only 10K miles on it for what I thought was a steal. It happens all the time. Which is why some people avoid buying them brand new altogether and just wait until a used one shows up.

The GT500 won't be "embarrassing" anything. It might be faster than the ZL1...exactly how much faster and at exactly what and if the amount that it is faster is proportionate to the HP it will have all still remains to be seen. But you can't "embarrass" a car that is completely unchanged 3-4 MYs after it has been out, lol!! We already know Ford had their hands full trying to match the ZL1 considering they had to push the release date back twice. That shows just how powerful and fast the ZL1 actually is. If anything, it just shows exactly what it takes to outperform a ZL1...3-4 years of development and way more HP. LOL!!
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote