View Single Post
Old 05-04-2016, 07:11 PM   #26
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisTNDude View Post
My first genuine run at the dragstrip was at Beech Bend in KY. My 2016 Camaro 2SS was running against a supercharged Mustang and I beat him by 5 or more car lengths. My second run was against another supercharged Mustang and the same thing happened...about 6 car lengths. Both of the Mustangs were running terrible 12.8 or so times, but their trap speed was better than 124 + mph. My last run against the better of the two Mustangs I got beat, but just at the end of the 1/4 mile. I had a terrible reaction time and 60 foot was over 2.0 as well, so I chalk that loss up to my poor driving. Strange enough on the run where he beat me, his mid track performance was well behind mine. It would appear that even supercharged, the 5.0 Mustang doesn't build torque until well into the rev range. Both of those Mustangs were running street tires, but their 60 foot times were in the 2.0 range so I don't think they were losing traction. Who knows...it was fun for me, not so much for them.
Way to represent! Manuals? With street tires an FI car is at a big disadvantage. The autos are sick. Just with tires and a supercharger auto Mustangs 5.0 can run 10s with some practice and good air. Lucky for us SSes will do the same!